Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Old French dauber (“whitewash”)
- Excrement or clay used as a bonding material in construction (compare wattle and daub).
- A soft coating of mud, plaster, etc.
- A crude or amateurish painting.
soft coating of mud, plaster etc
crude or amateurish painting
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- To apply something to a surface in hasty or crude strokes.
- The artist just seemed to daub on paint at random and suddenly there was a painting.
to apply something in hasty or crude strokes