Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- An extremely tight grip.
- The walker held with a death grip to his stick lest he drop it down the hill.
- The grip of something dead or dying.
- I gently tore the bloodied piece of paper out from her death grip.
- A grip that kills.
- The wolf held the chicken in a death grip until it stopped moving.
- A perilous situation or stalemate where failure or death is imminent.
- The armies came together in a death grip at the bottom of the valley
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.