- Having the power or quality of deciding a question or controversy; putting an end to contest or controversy; final; conclusive.
- A decisive battle is fatal for one side's war chances
2011 November 3, Chris Bevan, “Rubin Kazan 1 - 0 Tottenham”, BBC Sport:
- In truth, Tottenham never really looked like taking all three points and this defeat means they face a battle to reach the knockout stages -with their next home game against PAOK Salonika on 30 November likely to prove decisive.
- Marked by promptness and decision.
- A noble instance of this attribute of the decisive character. -J. Foster.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- decisive in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
decisive f pl
- feminine plural of