Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- decompôr (obsolete)
- to decompose (to break something down into its components)
- to decompose; to rot; to decay
- (figuratively) to analyse every element of something individually
- (linguistics) to parse (to resolve a sentence into its elements)
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb decompor
- This is an irregular verb of the -er group.
- Despite the infinite form ending in -or, this verb is considered as part of the -er group.
- This verb is derived from pôr and conjugated almost exactly like it. The only exceptions are some infinitive forms or pôr, which contain a circumflex (^).
- Verbs with this conjugation include: compor, dispor, opor, propor, supor.
- (to break something down into its components): despedaçar, fragmentar, partir, quebrar, separar
- (to rot): apodrecer, deteriorar, estragar, putrefazer
- (to parse): analisar