Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also défense
- defence (Commonwealth)
- Rhymes: -ɛns
defense (plural defenses) (US)
- The action of defending or protecting from attack, danger, or injury.
- Anything employed to oppose attack(s).
- An argument in support or justification of something.
- Government policy or structure related to the military.
- Department of Defense
- See also Wikisaurus:defense
action of protecting from attack
anything employed to oppose attack
argument in support or justification of something
- vocative masculine singular of dēfensus