Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To make (something) deviate from its original path.
- (intransitive) To deviate from its original path.
- (transitive, figuratively) This word needs a definition. Please help out and add a definition, then remove the text
- The Prime Minister deflected some increasingly pointed questions by claiming he had an appointment.
- 2013, Luke Harding and Uki Goni, Argentina urges UK to hand back Falklands and 'end colonialism (in The Guardian, 3 January 2013)
- Critics suggest that Fernández, an unashamed populist and nationalist, is seeking to deflect attention from social disharmony at home.
to make deviate