Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Canadian. From decoy
deke (plural dekes)
- (ice hockey) A feint, fake, or other move made by the player with the puck to deceive a goaltender or other defender.
- (ice hockey) A series of feints, fakes, or other moves made by the player with the puck to deceive a goaltender or other defender.
- (Canada, slang) A quick detour.
- (Canada) To avoid, go around, or dodge an object, person, or conversation topic; often by using trickery.
- (in hockey) To execute a deke.