Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
delicata (plural delicatas)
- (North America) An heirloom variety of winter squash, oblong in shape and having a cream-colored skin with green stripes
1992 October, Nanette Blanchard, “Autumn's Glory”, page 67:
- But once you've tasted the sweet flesh of a delicata or slipped the strands of a spaghetti squash out of its shell, you'll never again regard winter squash as merely an agricultural art piece.
2009 January 17, Mark Bittman, “Stale spices, canned beans are no-nos for new year”:
- The best winter squashes (delicata, for example) have edible skins and are amazing just chunked and roasted with a little oil […] .
- feminine form of
- nominative feminine singular of
- nominative neuter plural of
- accusative neuter plural of
- vocative feminine singular of
- vocative neuter plural of
- ablative feminine singular of