Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- I send or bring down, cause to hang or fall down; drop, flow, shed, sag, sink, lower, put down, let fall.
- I cast down, throw, thrust, plunge, drive.
- (with se) I let myself down, stoop, descend, walk or ride down.
- (military) I send, bring or lead soldiers down into a lower place.
- (figuratively) I cast down, demote; depress, dispirit.
- (figuratively) I engage in, enter or embark upon, meddle with.
Conjugation of demitto (third conjugation)
- “demitto” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879.