Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
density (plural densities)
- (physics) A measure of the amount of matter contained by a given volume.
2013 May-June, Kevin Heng, “Why Does Nature Form Exoplanets Easily?”, American Scientist, volume 101, number 3, page 184:
- In the past two years, NASA’s Kepler Space Telescope has located nearly 3,000 exoplanet candidates ranging from sub-Earth-sized minions to gas giants that dwarf our own Jupiter. Their densities range from that of styrofoam to iron.
- The ratio of one quantity to that of another quantity.
- The number of particles per unit volume of a specified volume can be considered to be the particle density for the specified volume.
- The probability that an event will occur, as a function of some observed variable.
physics: amount of matter contained by a given volume
number of particles or other quantity contained by a given volume
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked