Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Hinduism, Buddhism) the principle that orders the universe; one's conduct in conformity with such a principle
- (Hinduism) one's obligation in respect to one's position in society
- (Buddhism) the teachings of the Buddha as one's personal path to enlightenment
- (Buddhism) the teachings of the Buddha as a practice to be promulgated and taught.
- "The Mahayana Buddhist teacher does not want you to chain smoke and quarrel with your loved ones, but your main focus in Mahayana is to spread the dharma for the good of all sentient beings."
principle that orders the universe
teachings of the Buddha
- (Hinduism, Buddhism) dharma
dharma m (plural dharmas)
- Alternative spelling of darma.