Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Dutch
- 3 Finnish
- 4 Spanish
- A group of metabolic diseases whereby a person (or other animal) has high blood sugar due to an inability to produce, or inability to metabolize, sufficient quantities of the hormone insulin.
- Diabetes insipidus, a condition characterized by excessive thirst and excretion of large amounts of severely diluted urine.
A group of metabolic diseases
diabetes insipidus — see diabetes insipidus
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
diabetes m (uncountable)
- Hyphenation: di‧a‧be‧tes
- Often pronounced IPA(key): /ˈdiɑˌbeːtːes/.
- IPA(key): /ˈdiɑˌbetes/ would be consistent with the spelling, and thus perceived as more correct by some.
Declension of diabetes (type vastaus)
diabetes f (plural diabetes)