Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
diluent (plural diluents)
- That which dilutes.
- (analytical chemistry) A solvent or other liquid preparation used to dilute a sample prior to testing.
- (medicine) An agent used for effecting dilution of the blood; a weak drink.
- Diluting; making thinner or weaker by admixture, especially of water.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Arbuthnot to this entry?)
- third-person plural present indicative of
- third-person plural present subjunctive of
- third-person plural future active indicative of