Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- This definition is lacking an etymology or has an incomplete etymology. You can help Wiktionary by giving it a proper etymology.
directive (plural directives)
- An instruction or guideline that indicates how to perform an action or reach a goal.
- An authoritative decision from an official body, which may or may not have binding force.
- (European Union law) A form of legislative act addressed to the Member States. The directive binds the Member State to reach certain objectives in their national legislation.
- The directive case.
instruction or guideline that indicates how to perform an action or reach a goal
form of legislative act addressed to the EU Member States
directive (not comparable)
- feminine form of directif
directive f (plural directives)