Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- to put something out of its usual place
- (medicine) to (accidentally) dislodge a skeletal bone from its joint
a1420, The British Museum Additional MS, 12,056, “Wounds complicated by the Dislocation of a Bone”, in Robert von Fleischhacker editor, Lanfranc's "Science of cirurgie.", London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner & Co, translation of original by Lanfranc of Milan, ISBN 1163911380, published 1894, page 63:
- Ne take noon hede to brynge togidere þe parties of þe boon þat is to-broken or dislocate, til viij. daies ben goon in þe wyntir, & v. in þe somer; for þanne it schal make quytture, and be sikir from swellynge; & þanne brynge togidere þe brynkis eiþer þe disiuncture after þe techynge þat schal be seid in þe chapitle of algebra.
- Bill dislocated his shoulder in the fall.
to dislodge a bone
- second-person plural present indicative of dislocare
- second-person plural imperative of dislocare
- feminine plural of