Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dɪsˌkwɒlɪfɪˈkeɪʃən/
- (General American) IPA(key): /dɪsˌkwɑːləfɪˈkeɪʃn/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
disqualification (plural disqualifications)
- The act of disqualifying, or state of being disqualified; want of qualification; incompetency; disability; as, the disqualification of men for holding certain offices.
- That which disqualifies; that which incapacitates or makes unfit; as, conviction of crime is a disqualification of a person for office; sickness is a disqualification for labor.
- (basketball): The act of being forbidden from further play in a basketball game due to the accumulation of too many personal fouls.