Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
dormitory (plural dormitories)
- A room containing a number of beds (and often some other furniture and/or utilities) for sleeping, often applied to student and backpacker accommodation of this kind. Common abbreviation: dorm
- A building or part of a building which houses students, soldiers, monks etc. who sleep there and use communal further facilities.
- Short for dormitory town, a suburban or rural settlement housing city workers
- Common abbreviation: dorm
room for sleeping
building or part thereof
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.