Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɒs
- (intransitive, UK and Ireland) To avoid work, shirk, etc.
- I am going to doss tomorrow when the match is on.
- (intransitive, UK, slang) To sleep in the open or in a derelict building because one is homeless
- I normally have to doss in shop doorways or park benches.
doss (plural dosses)
- Work avoidance.
- I am going to have a doss tomorrow.
- Easy piece of work
- Circumnavigating the world in a canoe is no doss
- (Scotland) Describes a useless or lazy person. Generally combined with expletive noun, especially cunt.
- Get a fuckin hauld o yersel, ye doss cunt!