Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Middle English
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈdɹaɪ.və(ɹ)/
- (US) enPR: drīʹvər, IPA(key): /ˈdɹaɪvɚ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -aɪvə(r)
driver (plural drivers)
- One who drives something, in any sense of the verb to drive.
- Something that drives something, in any sense of the verb to drive.
- A person who drives a motorized vehicle such as a car or a bus.
- A person who drives some other vehicle.
- (computing) A program that acts as an interface between an application and hardware, written specifically for the device it controls.
- (golf) A golf club used to drive the ball a great distance.
- (nautical) a kind of sail, smaller than a fore and aft spanker on a square-rigged ship, a driver is tied to the same spars.
Terms derived from driver
one who drives something
something that drives something
person who drives a motorized vehicle, such as a car or a bus
person who drives some other vehicle
program acting as interface between an application and hardware
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (noun) driveur
driver m (plural drivers)
- drive (golf club)
Conjugation of driver (see also Appendix:French verbs)
|gerund||en drivant||en ayant drivé|
|present perfect||Use the present tense of avoir followed by the past participle|
|pluperfect||Use the imperfect tense of avoir followed by the past participle|
|past anterior1||Use the past historic tense of avoir followed by the past participle|
|future perfect||Use the future tense of avoir followed by the past participle|
|conditional perfect||Use the conditional tense of avoir followed by the past participle|
|subjunctive||que je (j’)||que tu||qu’il||que nous||que vous||qu’ils|
|past||Use the present subjunctive of avoir followed by the past participle|
|pluperfect1||Use the imperfect subjunctive of avoir followed by the past participle|
driver m, f (invariable)
- driver (in a trotting race; tennis player good at driving)
driver m (invariable)
- driver (golf club; computer module)
- present tense of driva.