Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
efferent (not comparable)
- Carrying away from.
- An efferent nerve carries impulses from the brain to the body.
- Carried outward.
- Efferent impulses are those conveyed by the motor or efferent nerves from the central nervous organ outwards.
carrying away from
efferent (plural efferents)
- efferent in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- efferent in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- efferent at OneLook Dictionary Search
- third-person plural present active subjunctive of efferō