Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Poured out freely; profuse.
- So should our joy be very effuse.
- Disposed to pour out freely; prodigal.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Young to this entry?)
- (botany) Spreading loosely, especially on one side.
- an effuse inflorescence
- (zoology) Having the lips, or edges, of the aperture abruptly spreading, as in certain shells.
- (transitive) to emit; to give off
- (figuratively) to gush; to be excitedly talkative and enthusiastic about something
- (intransitive) To pour out like a stream or freely; to cause to exude; to shed.
- With gushing blood effused.
- (intransitive) to leak out through a small hole
to talk excitedly
- plural form of