- (transitive) To cause death from immediate complications resulting from electric shock.
- He was electrocuted for his crimes.
- (informal) To inflict a severe electric shock, not necessarily fatally.
Formally, the words electrocute and electrocution always imply fatality. Informally, however, these terms are rather often used to refer to serious but nonfatal electric shocks. Strictly correct usage is to reserve electrocute and electrocution for fatal electric shocks, and to use shock or electric shock for nonfatal ones.
- electrocution noun
- First-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of electrocutar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present subjunctive form of electrocutar.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of electrocutar.