Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- To make long or longer by pulling and stretching; to make elongated.
- To depart to, or be at, a distance; especially, to recede apparently from the sun, as a planet in its orbit.
- (obsolete) To remove further off.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir Thomas Browne to this entry?)
to make long
- first-person plural present active imperative of ēlongō