Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To make extremely thin or wasted
- Anorexics ignore that sustained emaciation ends in starvation.
- (intransitive) To become extremely thin or wasted.
(transitive) make extremely thin or wasted
(intransitive) become extremely thin or wasted
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- emaciate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- emaciate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- Feminine plural form of emaciato