Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
embarrassment (plural embarrassments)
- A state of discomfort arising from bashfulness or consciousness of having violated a social rule; humiliation.
- A state of confusion arising from hesitation or difficulty in choosing.
- A person or thing which is the cause of humiliation to another.
- Kevin, you are an embarrassment to this family.
- Losing this highly publicized case was an embarrassment to the firm.
- (medicine) Impairment of function due to disease: respiratory embarrassment.
Terms derived from "embarrassment"
state of discomfort
state of confusion
person whose actions cause humiliation