- Rhymes: -ɪʃən
emission (plural emissions)
- That which is emitted or sent out; issue.
- the emission was mostly blood
- The act of sending or throwing out; the act of sending forth or putting into circulation.
- the emission of light from the sun
- the emission of heat from a fire
- (act of sending out): issuance
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- Genitive singular form of emissio.
emission (plural emissiones)