Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- indow (archaic)
- To furnish with money or its equivalent, as a permanent fund for support; to make pecuniary provision for; to settle an income upon; especially, to furnish with dower; as, to endow a wife; to endow a public institution.
- To enrich or furnish with anything of the nature of a gift (as a quality or faculty); -- followed by with, rarely by of; as, man is endowed by his Maker with reason; to endow with privileges or benefits.
- To bestow freely.
- To be furnished with something naturally.
- She was endowed with a beautiful voice.
to furnish with money or its equivalent
to enrich or furnish with anything of the nature of a gift
to be furnished with something naturally
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.