Borrowed from French.
enquête c (plural enquêtes, diminutive enquêtetje)
- survey (set of questions about opinions)
- investigation (e.g. a congressional investigation)
From Vulgar Latin *inquaesita < inquaerere < Latin quaerere. Cf. also the Medieval Latin inquesta.
enquête f (plural enquêtes)
- inquest, investigation
Related terms 
- first-person singular present indicative of enquêter
- third-person singular present indicative of enquêter
- first-person singular present subjunctive of enquêter
- third-person singular present subjunctive of enquêter
- second-person singular imperative of enquêter