Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
eobiont (plural eobionts)
- a hypothetical primordial life-form or chemical precursor to a living organism
- an artificially created creature; a Frankenstein's monster
- 1993, Manfred Eigen, Ruthild Winkler, Laws of the Game 
- Only when “eobionts”—primordial organisms equipped with a primitive metabolism—began to multiply efficiently was this material used up.
- 2003, Michael Cronin, Translation and Globalization 
- In the Dutch novelist Harry Mulisch’s The Procedure, the protagonist Victor Werker is the creator of artificial life in the form of the Eobiont (Mulisch 2001).