Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- epidemick (obsolete)
epidemic (plural epidemics)
- A widespread disease that affects many individuals in a population.
- (epidemiology) An occurrence of a disease or disorder in a population at a frequency higher than that expected in a given time period.
occurrence of such disease
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Like or having to do with an epidemic; widespread
- Epidemic hysteria occurred upon the incumbent’s reelection.
like an epidemic