Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
equinoctial (not comparable)
- Of or relating to an equinox.
- (astronomy) Of or relating to a celestial or terrestrial equator.
- Relating to the time when the sun enters the equinoctial points.
- an equinoctial gale or storm, i.e. one happening at or near the time of the equinox, in any part of the world
of, or relating to an equator
equinoctial (plural equinoctials)
- The great circle midway between the celestial poles; the celestial equator.
- (rare) The terrestrial equator.
celestial equator — see celestial equator
- Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition, 1989