Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: évacuation
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
evacuation (plural evacuations)
- The act of emptying, clearing of the contents, or discharging, including creating a vacuum.
- Withdrawal of troops or civils from a town, fortress, etc.
- Voidance of any matter by the natural passages of the body or by an artificial opening; defecation; also, a diminution of the fluids of an animal body by cathartics, venesection, or other means.
- The act of evacuating; leaving a place in an orderly fashion; especially for protection
- That which is evacuated or discharged; especially, a discharge by stool or other natural means.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Quincy to this entry?)
- Abolition; nullification.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Hooker to this entry?)
act of emptying
voidance of matter by natural passages of body
act of leaving a place for protection