Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- All except for some previously mentioned set.
- Two of the bolts were loose, but every other bolt I checked was fine.
- Every second; each alternate; the second of each pair in turn (perhaps used because "every second" could also refer to "second" as a unit of time or be interpreted as meaning "only the second").
- Every other person in the line wore a pink bowtie.
- Although I work from home, I visit the office for a meeting every other day.
all except for some previously mentioned set
every second — see every second