Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
ex-Scientologist (plural ex-Scientologists)
- A former Scientologist.
2001, Linda Edwards, A Brief Guide to Beliefs: Ideas, Theologies, Mysteries, and Movements, Westminster John Knox Press, ISBN 978-0664222598, page 506:
- Training seminars such as est (an abbreviation of Erhard Seminar Training) are immersely popular. Founded by the ex-Scientologist, used car salesman, and encyclopedia salesman Werner Erhard in 1971, est is now known as the Forum, run by the Centers Network.
2006 July 16, Matthew I. Pinzur, “New school to open amid high hopes”, The Miami Herald, page 1B:
- Landmark has its roots in Erhard Seminars Training, or est, the personal-growth program created in the 1970s by ex-Scientologist Werner Erhard.
2012 October 7, Christian Boone, “Norcross drug facility under new scrutiny: Wrongful-death suit targets residential supervision claims”, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, page B8:
- Critics contend Narconon facilities are arms of Scientology. Luke Catton, formerly president of Narconon Arrowhead and an ex-Scientologist, said Narconon International brings in roughly $1 million a week from a dozen facilities and funnels 10 percent to the Association for Better Living and Education, a Scientology-sponsored organization.
2013 October 4, “Remini to testify against Church of Scientology in lawsuit”, UPI NewsTrack, United Press International:
- U.S. actress Leah Remini is to document her experiences with the Church of Scientology in a deposition for a lawsuit against the organization, RadarOnline said. Monique Rathbun is suing the church and its leader, David Miscavige, for allegedly harassing her and her ex-Scientologist husband, Marty.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see the citations page.