Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To think over something carefully; to consider fully; cogitate.
- 2007: Did he ponder the harmony of the spheres? Certainly not: celestial spheres were first excogitated decades or more after Pythagoras' death. — MF Burnyeat, ‘Other Lives’, London Review of Books 29:4, p. 3
- To come to a conclusion through reason or careful thought.
- After many years of study, he excogitated a solution.
- This evidence […] thus excogitated out of the general theory.
- second-person plural present active imperative of excōgitō