Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To accelerate the progress of.
- He expedited the search by alphabetizing the papers.
- (transitive) To perform (a task) fast and efficiently.
process fast and efficiently
- Free of impediment; unimpeded.
- to make the way plain and expedite
- Expeditious; quick; prompt.
- nimble and expedite […] in its operation
- John Locke
- Speech is a very short and expedite way of conveying their thoughts.
- expedite in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879