Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
extent (plural extents)
- A range of values or locations.
- The space, area, volume, etc., to which something extends.
- The extent of his knowledge of the language is a few scattered words.
2014 November 14, Blake Bailey, “'Tennessee Williams,' by John Lahr [print version: Theatrical victory of art over life, International New York Times, 18 November 2014, p. 13]”, The New York Times:
- (computing) A contiguous area of storage in a file system.
range of values or locations
space, area, volume to which something extends
(computing) individual area of storage
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.