Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ækʃən
extraction (plural extractions)
- An act of extracting or the condition of being extracted.
- A person's origin or ancestry.
- Something extracted, an extract, as from a plant or an organ of an animal etc.
- (military) An act of removing someone from a hostile area to a secure location.
- (dentistry) A removal of a tooth from its socket.
act of extracting
one's origin, lineage or ancestry
extract obtained from a mixture or from a plant etc — see extract
removal of a tooth from its socket
extraction f (plural extractions)