Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
fairgrounds (plural fairgrounds)
- Alternative spelling of fairground.; the grounds where a fair is held.
- At other times of the year, the county fairgrounds are used for a variety of events, such as revival meetings and high-school graduations.
- If the town doesn't have a nearby fairgrounds, then any sizeable empty field will do for a carnival.
- Plural form of fairground
- The two cities have fairgrounds of approximately equal size and convenience to exhibitors.