Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Fano
fano (plural fanos)
- A non-singular complete algebraic variety whose anticanonical bundle is ample.
- 1999: A. N. Parshin, Igorʹ Rostislavovich Shafarevich, Algebraic geometry V: fano varieties
- Therefore the Mori program established the important role that fano varieties play in the birational classification of algebraic varieties.
- 2007: Alessio Corti, Flips for 3-folds and 4-folds
- Shokurov conjectures that a Shokurov algebra on variety admitting a weak fano contraction is finitely generated.
- dative singular of
- ablative singular of
Old High German
- German: Fahne