Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /fæˈstɪdʒ.i.ɪt/
- (botany) Erect and parallel
- The branches of this species are fastigiate.
- (botany, horticulture) Having closely-bunched erect parallel branches
- This is a fastigiate variety.
- (palynology) Characterized by a fastigium, a cavity separating the intexine from the sexine near the endoaperture of a colporate pollen grain.
- The grains are 3-colporate and fastigiate.
- (obsolete) Tapering to a point
Derived terms 
fastigiate (plural fastigiates)
- (horticulture) A tree or shrub with erect, parallel branches.
- feminine plural of fastigiato