Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
Alternative forms 
- favorable (chiefly US)
- pleasing, encouraging or approving
- The candidate wearing the business suit made a favourable impression.
- useful or helpful
- We made quick progress, due to favourable winds.
- convenient or at a suitable time; opportune
- The rain stopped at a favourable time for our tennis match.
- auspicious or lucky
- She says that she was born under a favourable star.
- (pleasing): approving, encouraging, good, pleasing
- (useful): advantageous, helpful, useful
- (opportune): convenient, good, handy, opportune, suitable
- (auspicious): auspicious, fortunate, lucky
- (pleasing): bad, discouraging, displeasing, unfavourable
- (useful): unhelpful
- (opportune): bad, inconvenient, inopportune, unsuitable
- (auspicious): inauspicious, unfavourable, unlucky