Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To represent by a false appearance of; to pretend; to counterfeit.
- The pupil feigned sickness on the day of his exam.
- To give a mental existence to something that is not real or actual; to imagine; to invent; to pretend; to form and relate as if true.
- He feigned that he had gone home at the appointed time.
- To dissemble; to conceal.
- Jessica feigned the fact that she had not done her homework.
to represent by a false appearance of
to give a mental existence to something
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Danish: foregive