Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
fescue (plural fescues)
- A straw, wire, stick, etc., used chiefly to point out letters to children when learning to read.
- A hardy grass commonly used to border golf fairways in temperate climates. Any member of the genus Festuca.
- An instrument for playing on the harp; a plectrum.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Chapman to this entry?)
- The style of a sundial.
stick, etc., used chiefly to point out letters to children — see pointer
- To use a fescue, or teach with a fescue.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Milton to this entry?)