Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) To learn, or attempt to learn, what kind of person one is and what one wants in life.
- He backpacked around Europe to find himself in his early twenties.
- (idiomatic) To unexpectedly or unintentionally begin to do or experience something.
- As you enter the cafe, you find yourself wondering why they decided to paint the entire room blue.
- When news of his wife's murder spread around the media, he found himself in front of a press conference explaining his actions.
- (idiomatic) To be in a particular state of mind.
- How do you find yourself this morning?
- (literally) To discover oneself to be in a particular place.
- I got drunk and woke to find myself in the neighbour's garden the next morning.