Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The condition of being fit, suitable or appropriate.
- The cultivation of an attractive and/or healthy physique.
2011 April 11, Phil McNulty, “Liverpool 3 - 0 Man City”, BBC Sport:
- Carroll has been edging slowly towards full fitness after his expensive arrival from Newcastle United and his partnership with £23m Luis Suarez showed rich promise as Liverpool controlled affairs from start to finish.
- (UK, slang) The condition of being attractive, fanciable or beautiful.
- (cultivation of an attractive and/or healthy physique): beauty, health
- (condition of being suitable): strength, suitability, competence, capability
- (condition of being attractive): see Wikisaurus:sexy
cultivation of an attractive and healthy physique
ablity to perform
Audio (Belgium) (file)
fitness m (uncountable)
- (physical) fitness