Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
flyspeck (plural flyspecks or flyspeck)
- Housefly excrement, visible as a minuscule black dot.
- The wall of the kitchen above the fruitbowl was dotted with flyspeck.
- (by extension) Anything tiny or insignificant.
- From the foothills below, Jean, Jan, and James were mere flyspecks, easily lost among the straggly pines that formed the treeline.
- We passed through some flyspeck town, barely more than a gas station and a stoplight, but I never saw the name.