Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
frill (plural frills)
- A strip of pleated material used as decoration or trim; a ruffle.
- (photography) A wrinkled edge to a film.
- A luxury.
- Something extraneous added for effect.
pleated material used as decoration
- To make something into a frill.
- To become wrinkled.
- To provide or decorate with a frill or frills; to turn back in crimped plaits.
- to frill a cap
- To shake or shiver as with cold.
- The hawk frills.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Johnson to this entry?)
to make into a frill
to become wrinkled