Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Froth is a very important feature of many types of coffee.
- 1749, John Cleland, Fanny Hill: Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure Part 2
- He replaced her again breadthwise on the couch, unable to sit up, with her thighs open, between which I could observe a kind of white liquid, like froth, hanging about the outward lips of that recently opened wound, which now glowed with a deeper red.
- (figuratively) unimportant events or actions; drivel
- Thousands of African children die each day: why do the newspapers continue to discuss unnecessary showbiz froth?
unimportant events of actions
- (transitive) To create froth.
- I like to froth my coffee for ten seconds exactly, no more, no less.
- (intransitive) To bubble.
To create froth
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked