Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (chiefly uncountable) Light or frothy nonsense.
- (chiefly uncountable) A type of very sweet candy or confection. Often used in the US synonymously with chocolate fudge.
- Have you tried the vanilla fudge? It's delicious!
- (countable) A deliberately misleading or vague answer.
- (uncountable, dated) A made-up story; nonsense; humbug.
- (countable) A less than perfect decision or solution; an attempt to fix an incorrect solution after the fact.
a very sweet confection
deliberately misleading or vague answer
- (intransitive) To try to avoid giving a direct answer; to waffle or equivocate.
- When I asked them if they had been at the party, they fudged.
- To alter something from its true state, as to hide a flaw or uncertainty. Always deliberate, but not necessarily dishonest or immoral.
- The results of the experiment looked impressive, but it turned out the numbers had been fudged.
- I had to fudge the lighting to get the color to look good.
To try to avoid giving a direct answer
To alter something from its true state
euphemism for "fuck!"